STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE, founders of the Be a STAR (Show Tolerance And Respect) anti-bullying initiative, today announced the launch of the S.T.A.R. Alliance, a group of actors, musicians, comedians, athletes and television personalities, who have joined together to help put an end to bullying.
Members of the S.T.A.R. Alliance will join WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon, WWE Superstars, such as Big Show, The Miz and Mark Henry, to spread the Be a STAR message of showing tolerance and respect to help combat bullying, reaching more than 400 million social media followers combined. Select S.T.A.R. Alliance members will also participate and share their stories at Be a STAR anti-bullying rallies across the U.S., including this week in Los Angeles as part of WWE’s community outreach events during SummerSlam Week.
S.T.A.R. Alliance members include:
- Quinton Aaron ("The Blind Side")
- Kris Allen ("American Idol" winner)
- Jose Bautista (Toronto Blue Jays)
- Andrea Bowen ("Desperate Housewives")
- Erin Cummings ("Astronaut Wives Club")
- Tim Daly ("Madam Secretary")
- Daughtry (Grammy-nominated artist)
- Omar Epps ("Resurrection")
- Flo Rida (Grammy-nominated artist)
- Florida Georgia Line (award-winning country superstars)
- Skylar Grey (Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter)
- Chelsie Hightower ("Dancing with the Stars")
- Caleb Johnson ("American Idol" winner)
- Arielle Kebbel ("John Tucker Must Die")
- Piers Morgan ("Piers Morgan Tonight")
- Ryan Ochoa ("Pair of Kings")
- Sharon Osbourne ("The X-Factor")
- Darius Rucker (Hootie &The Blowfish)
- Cassie Scerbo ("Make It Or Break It")
- Kendall Schmidt ("Big Time Rush")
- Chaske Spencer (the "Twilight" sagas)
- Train (Grammy-Award winning band)
- Gerard Way (formerly of My Chemical Romance)
- Pete Wentz (Grammy-nominated Fall Out Boy)
- Constance Zimmer ("House of Cards")
“WWE is proud to help bring together a diverse group of international celebrities who all share the vision to stop bullying forever,” said Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE. “Through the joint efforts of WWE and the S.T.A.R. Alliance, we hope to reach millions of young people and provide them with the knowledge and resources they need to help put an end to bullying in their communities.”
Be a STAR is an anti-bullying initiative founded in 2011 by WWE. Its mission is to encourage young people to treat each other with tolerance and respect through education and grassroots initiatives.
WWE leverages the power of its global brand and platforms to help combat the bullying epidemic plaguing today’s youth.
For more information on the S.T.A.R. Alliance members, click here.